Thursday, October 21, 2004

Refuelling must go!

Why cant the F1 fraternity seem to understand that I am not interested in strategy. If I wanted to see a strategic sport, Id watch american football.

I watch F1 because I want to see motor racing, and motor racing should, in my mind, involve a stretch of tar with two or more cars going flat out. Cars that are stopped are not racing.

Why then do we have refueling pitstops? I am not in the slightest interested that Team A has opted for a 3 stop strategy and Team B for a 2 stopper. I am in fact irritated because it means that I will likley never see the drivers for Team A or B scrapping for position.

I think racing is far simpler, far more pure, when the guy in front is winning and the guy behind, if he wants to win, has to get past.

I will concede that tyrestops might be interesting... at least insomuch as everyone stops the same number of times. Theyre fast, dash in, dash out, theres not a lot of scope for passing in the pits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home